dont waste ur time reading this post. go paint a tree, hlep the elderly cross the street, skip down the road, throw a rock in the beach, take life by the tits and milk it
that post was definitely worth reading
UR NOT MILKING THE TITS OF LIFE
Sappho by Charles-August Mengin (1877). Oil on canvas.
Wreathed in black cloth and weeds, Sappho is dressed for mourning in this painting, although her particular nudity is intended to be an erotic element. All through the nineteenth century, Sappho’s image was up for great debate as interest in the Greek classics surged throughout Europe, resulting in many works being translated and retranslated.
In an effort to make her poetry more palatable for the masses, some translators proposed the idea of ‘two’ Sapphos existing in the same time period, insisting one was a poet of purely platonic love and the other was a courtesan who sparked such offensive Lesbian rumors. Many attempts were made to purge her works of any impropriety, including changing many feminine pronouns to neutral or masculine.
There is no proof of the ‘two Sappho’ theory, but in passionate counterpart, authors such as Charles Baudelaire, the Marquis De Sade, and A.C. Swinburne produced various works using her character that plunged into sadomasochistic behavior and hedonism.
Baudelaire’s work Les Lesbiennes was eventually published as the famous Les Fleurs du Mal, containing several poems that portray Lesbos as a colony of Sappho’s acolytes, seeking out all manner of dark pleasures in one another. In de Sade’s L’histoire du Juliette, the group calling themselves ‘the followers of Sappho’ are bloodthirsty tribades, while A.C. Swinburne’s Anactoria portrays Sappho as an ardent and possessive masochist.
In reference to the era of Decadence, critic Douglas Bush summed up the movement as, “the Sappho of Anactoria is not merely the descendant of Libitina and Priapus, she is the daughter of de Sade.”
there is a kids clothing store called molo
molo means dick in finnish
*knocks you out with a calculator* bet you weren’t counting on that
Vaporeon melting into water, as explained in its Pokedex entry (by request).
hey im gonna give away a new pikachu 3ds because why the fuck not plus my pokemon blog is about to make its grand opening and i need to give something away yeah!!prize:
- a pikachu 3ds
- a cute pikachu charm
- pokemon x and y yes both (if a new pokemon game comes out before this ends, you will get that too)how to enter:
- must be following me and non ( this kid chucked in like 150 are you kidding me )
- reblog this post as many times as you want it increases your chances and one like counts
- make sure you have your legal guardian’s consent in case you’re under 18 year olds & know this isn’t sponsored my tumblr nor nintendo and isn’t endorsed by either.
this ends the 21st of june 2014 good luck guys!!
Shout out to my cousin Takeshi holy crap I love you for paying for this giveaway woah and thanks for Mars for agreeing to pay for the Pikachu keychain and both X and Y holy whippersnappers I’m so excited holy I hope my followers are excited as I am wtf I can’t even comprehend how happy it makes me to make someone in this world happier than I am okay I’m done rambling now on to the rules and SUCH.
- must follow me and my bro mars because he’s chipping in a lot.
- reblog this post as many times as you want, more reblogs = more chances to win just to clarify. a like counts as one entry too.
- if youre not 18 or older please get your parents permission.
- organized by random.org and if the winner doesn’t answer their ask box in 48 hours a new winner will appear.
- itll be directly shipped to your house the package will start with the name “takeshi” followed by his last name and an address from japan.
- you get both x and y versions woo.
- a cute pikachu keychain comes with it.
that’s it! giveaway ends june 4th good luck
photo by Jukka Pakarinen.